My life is so random. I don't know why I even continue to be surprised when the randomness attacks me. Wednesday was another fine example. I haven't heard from Bull Rider in two weeks. Two whole weeks. Then Wednesday afternoon, he sent me a text message. He asked how I had been then invited me to hang out with him at the barn. I wasn't sure if I should go or not, but eventually I decided to go. I took my friend with me. Hanging out at the barn is not the most exciting thing to do; she didn't enjoy herself too much and I had an OK time. It looks as if he might like another chance but I haven't decided if he's going to get it or not. When I took Friend back to her car, I stopped by the gas station to get cigarettes. and while I was there, I saw non other than Ex. He ran his mouth for a good five minutes while his girlfriend waited on him in the truck. He was bragging about how great business is. But as I listened, I was sure that he was lying. In fact, I've heard these same lies so many times that I was able to hear what he was saying, and at the same time decipher the truth for myself. I told Cousin later that I had finally conquered the Lingo del Ex.
More randomness. My brother informed me last night that while he was at some store he saw this big guy. Brother is a fairly huge dude in his own right, so for him to say, "this was one of the biggest dudes I've ever seen" is a big deal. Then he sees a vehicle in the parking lot that is similar to the one I told him that Mr. Big drove. So Brother waited on this guy to come out, and when he saw big huge man walking to that truck, he walks up to him and says, "Excuse me, sir. I hate to bother you, but would your name happen to be ......" The guy said "Uh, no. My name is Gary." Brother apologized and left. Now what on earth was the plan had that guy really been Mr. Big?
I am about to do something that I haven't done in five years... I'm writing a research paper. Don't get too carried away; it's not for me. And, no, I haven't lost my mind and decided to do this just for the fun of it. I'm doing it for money. A friend of mine is going to pay me to write her paper. The coolest part is that she already had the topic picked out, and has the articles and resources pulled together. All I have to do is read them, write the paper, and compile the Works Cited page and the summary report. Writing A+ quality papers was once my forte, so I guess we'll hope that I've still got it.
This weekend is my family's annual bar-b-que. Brother, Daddy, and Unc put the meat on the pit early this morning. It will be ready for dinner late in the afternoon tomorrow. Tonight, we will all gather at Unc's barn and grill. Those three men and my cousin will stay at the barn tonight to keep a check on the meat, and then we will all return there tomorrow afternoon. Normally after dinner, Sister and Crazy Cousin leave to go purchase the fireworks. This year that probably won't happen due to the burn orders in our area. However, we have had some rainfall this week, and it has come a few showers here already today. The forecast projects more rain for the rest of the night and again tomorrow, so maybe by tomorrow night we'll be able to shoot some. I enjoy fireworks, but I don't feel like my 4th of July will be ruined in their absence.
Also, I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has drama. A friend of mine from church leaves his truck in our parking lot sometimes during the week when he carpools to work. Today he called me in a panic. He was on his break at work and realized that he didn't have his truck keys, and couldn't find them in his friend's car. He had the sudden realization that he had left them in the ignition in his truck. Not only that, he couldn't remember turning off the engine. I ran outside to check on his truck. The engine was not running, but sure enough the keys are in the ignition and the doors are locked. Luckily, he has a spare at home and his mom is going to drive over to unlock his truck for him. Pretty funny stuff though...
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment