Since I came to the conclusion that I was finished with Mr. Big, it seems impossible to escape him. I have yet to overcome the randomness of seeing him the other night. It's so weird. Ever since I've known him, every time I am in town I am constantly keeping a lookout for his truck. Never once have I seen it until Wednesday night. That night I had a dream about him and his girlfriend. I never remember my dreams anymore so mere fact that I even remember is weird. Anyhow, last night when I was on my way to my parent's for Family Night, I passed him on the highway. I could see him turning his head to see me. I half way thought he might call me but he didn't. Then today while I was at lunch I saw his former boss. Boss is a nice man, and I enjoy talking to him anytime I see him. He always looks at me with a little bit of pity on his face because he was completely aware of what a Big jackass I was getting mixed up with from the beginning. He always asks me how I'm doing and if I'm working hard. I of course always tell him that I've been working my fingers to the bone all day, and he always looks at me like he doesn't believe a word that I just said. After those obligatories, he turned around and said, "So do you hear from Big anymore?" I said, "Not in over a week." He looked a little shocked that I had even talked to him at all. We talked about Mr. Big and me for a little while and I told him about me seeing them together the other night. He got a Big kick out of hearing that. He then suggested that I pour out my charms on his brother. His brother is the one with the wretched teeth that I named Smiley in an earlier blog. He was recently involved in a bad motorcycle accident. He was hit by a car because he was drunk and ran a stop sign. Boss was telling me how badly Smiley needed a good girl to get him straightened out. I told him I wasn't the girl; the last two guys I had dealt with (Big and Ex) also needed a good girl to straighten them out, and even though I'm a really good girl, apparently I wasn't good enough to get the job done either time. I followed up by saying that I was taking myself off the market for a little while so that I could catch my breath and that hopefully the next guy I found would have himself straightened out ahead of time. So how long is it going to be before this Big mess is behind me? I'm also wondering how long it will be before Smiley comes calling again. I had the presence of mind to ask Boss how much longer he would be out of work and he said about 4-6 more weeks. Somehow I don't think I'll be lucky enough for it to take that long before I hear from him. Yuck...
In other news, work has me worn out. During the summer we have the school aged kids here. They wear me out because they have no respect for me, their teachers, each other, or the building. Everyday I have to give them a new lecture for something. A friend of mine found out he's going to have a pretty serious surgery in a couple of weeks. I haven't known him for long, but he and Roommate have been friends for years. I'm trying not to get too worked up over it, but I am worried about him.
But here's the funniest story of the week: Tuesday night Roommate and I took her daughter to a campground so that she could spend a couple of days with one of her friends. We needed gas, and we stopped at a gas station owned by a friend of ours. The owner is probably old enough to be my grandfather, and he hangs out all the time with this guy in his early 40s. The 40-something is a short little dude, very muscular and nice looking, and is slick bald. Tell me why it is that bald men have so little hair on their heads but the rest of their body is covered in hair. I have never understood that. Anyhow, the two men were going on and on over Step-daughter's new haircut. Roommate said something about it needing to be brushed and Baldy said, "Here, do you need my comb?" Hahaha very funny. The older man looked at Step-daughter and asked, "And what does he think he needs a comb for?" Step-daughter didn't miss a beat. She rubbed her arm and said, "For all that stuff on his arms." With nothing whatsoever left to say, we left and headed for the camp sight.
Friday, June 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment