A few months ago Sister, Friend, and I had lunch together. The next day, Depot Lady said that this cute little guy who had been coming in for lunch made an inquiry to her about Sister or Friend. She didn't really know which because he said "the dark haired girl" and they both have dark hair. No matter what he was thinking, the Depot was trying to fix Sister up with him. It didn't work. The Depot befriended him and found out that he rides bulls. How cool is that? We have referred to him as Bull Rider for some time now. It was Bull Rider that was with Cowboy that day that they asked for my number and I just left them standing there. I know now that Cowboy is married, and yet seems to have an eye for other women - but I'm not sure if he's a cheater; and he was asking for my number for Bull Rider because Bull Rider was too shy to ask for it himself. Yesterday at lunch they came in while I was there. Bull Rider, who I have seen in there for the better part of a year and have never spoken a word to, looked straight at me and asked, "How are you today?" "I'm good. How are you?" He said, "I'm OK, but it's a little too hot out there for me." I said, "I wouldn't know about that. I've been under the A/C all day." Later on, I was talking with someone else about Sister being on her way to the beach right then. She and her friend have a free place to stay this weekend. Bull Rider couldn't help but here the conversation and added that if had a free place at the beach he would be on the next train out of town. Me too! Then I was telling the people about my family giving Sister such a hard time about being a goody-goody and going to the beach with a guy. That story included the part where my entire family is just in a tizzy that Stacy got a tattoo. Bull Rider said, "Don't you just love being the wild one of the bunch?" Oh yeah! Depot Friend asked if I needed anything else and I said no because it was time for me to get back to work. At that exact moment, Bull Rider runs to the front of the restaurant and begins writing something on an order ticket. Depot Friend was smiling and laughing at him, and then he was back in his seat. When I left, Depot Friend grabbed me into the kitchen and handed me a note. It had his name and number on it and a note that said, "You can call today."
I had mixed feelings about another guy from The Depot, but I did call him when I left work last night. He didn't answer so I left a message, and a few minutes later he called me back. He invited me to join him and his friend at a local restaurant for wings. I had a wedding rehearsal to go to so I said that I would call him after that and let him know. I informed Roommate that she had no choice but to go with me. When rehearsal was over, I called him. He said that the restaurant was closed and that his friend had something else he had to do. He invited me to hang out with him at his friend's barn. His friend is Cowboy, by the way. I haven't hung out at a horse barn in a year or longer (since before Ex and I split) and I have missed doing that. So I told him to give me time to go home and change and then I would be there.
I spent four hours with him there. We had a nice time. He is the sweetest guy. Let me describe him. Think of every description I ever gave of Mr. Big and then imagine the very opposite. He is about 5'8", and in his words, "when it's the middle of the day and I've had a lot to eat, I can usually pull off about 150 pounds." I outweigh this guy by twenty pounds, and that is totally weird for me. His teeth are perfectly imperfect and it doesn't really even bother me. They're not nasty, but two of them are crooked. It's cute really. He is dark complected, and has a goatee. He keeps that going because he has such a baby face. He has a baby face because he's twenty-five! I haven't dated a younger guy since high school. There were a few younger guys in college that I flirted with or whatever, but I never dated them. So here's this guy who is younger than me, and smaller than me, and I we totally clicked. We had the best time hanging out and talking. We have several things in common; some of those are things that are quite personal that neither one of us tend to share with strangers. He skipped over his story once, but later on I just blabbed mine and then he told me his. His story is a little worse than mine, but it helped both of our feelings to find someone who could share in the experience. I found him very easy to talk to. Also, he was easy to listen to, and that's good because he talks as much as I do! He gave me lots of compliments, and what girl doesn't like that? We laughed and laughed, and almost cried too. By the end of the night he said, "Well, even if this doesn't work out, I think I made a good friend tonight." Then he looked at me with all of his cuteness and said, "I don't know if I should hug you or kiss you." I started laughing and said, "Are you gonna flip a coin?" He said "No" and then made his move. And... my oh my... it was very nice. It was so nice in fact that when he walked me to my car, I had to instigate the next one. He instigated the one after that, which in turn caused me to instigate the one after that. Then I said, "I better go before you get me in trouble." One more for the road, and I left. When I was on my way home he sent me a text message that said he had a good time and thanks for coming over. Then another one saying that the next time he would be seeing what kind of "trouble" I might have been talking about. We went back and forth on that for a while until finally I told him that I had a weakness for cute guys that tell me I'm beautiful and know how to kiss. After that, we said "goodnight." I heard from him today enough for him to tell me that he had just left the Depot and was going to invite me but wasn't sure what time I had lunch.
So we'll see how all this goes. Today the age thing still bothers me. The size thing isn't bothering me as badly as I thought that it would. I'm more pleased to that I had such a good time. I was never nervous and never felt pressured about anything. It was nice to spend time with someone without having a time-frame to worry over (like with Mr. Big). There are 100 reasons why this couldn't work, but a few really good reasons why it could. But even if it doesn't, he was right, I made a new friend.
Friday, June 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment