Today is Wednesday, and so far I have enjoyed a drama-free week. Today has held nothing new so far, but I am scheduled to have lunch with Sister and Cousin in about an hour. That will be anything but boring. A friend from college had her second son yesterday. His name is Ian Michael and he came into the world at 12:40p.m. weighing 9lbs and 4oz! Wow-zer! Her first son was an 8 pounder. I talked to her last night, and her and baby are both doing well. She sounded very energized and excited. After her first kid, she sounded totally tired and zoned out. She said this was a much easier delivery. Congratulations to her and her husband! Maybe now that she's not huge-pregnant woman with no energy she'll actually read my blog. The day I started blogging on this site instead of Myspace was the day she quit reading them because she said it required more brain power than she currently possessed to go to a website that was not programmed into her "favorites" folder. LOL!
Monday was my dad's 50th birthday. We had his party on Saturday night (which was Beth's birthday --- Happy Birthday Beth!). It was not a surprise because we knew we would never be able to pull it off, and this way he had input on the guest list. There were a ton of people at his party. I don't think we ever got a definite head-count, but I would estimate around 80. We had a ton of good food and I made a pig of myself. The party was at my parents' church. After we ate, we all moved to the sanctuary and different people sang the good ol' southern gospel songs for a couple of hours. Good times.
Monday night, I went to cousin's house and had fresh Louisiana shrimp. Oh my gosh, it was delicious! She made is boiled, beer battered, and coconut. I think I could have eaten my weight in that boiled shrimp. The others were wonderful too, but it just doesn't get any better than fresh, boiled shrimp.
Speaking of my weight, I'm still hovering around the 65-70 pound mark. The needle on the scale hasn't moved in a month or longer. I'm not really complaining because I have lost the 65 pounds, but I really thought that I would have hit that 75 pound mark by now. For those of you who don't know, I want to get a tattoo when I reach 75. I already have it picked out. I haven't really done anything to loose the last few pounds. But then again, I don't really feel like I did anything to loose the other 65 either. I just read Cousin's blog about her new 12-week challenge and it occurred to me that I am going to have to get off my seat of do-nothing. In February 2006, I was wearing a size 20 in everything I tried on, and in some cases, I probably should have stepped up to the next size. Today, I am a solid size 14. In pants, the 16s fall off; and in shirts, the 16s just hang off of me. I am able to wear some size 12 button-up type shirts, and Saturday I bought a bigger flow-y kind of shirt and had to get a Medium. However, the butt is still way too big to squeeze into a size 12 yet. When I graduated from high school I wore sizes 10-11-12, depending on how it was made. During my first semester at college, instead of gaining weight like most people do, I lost a few pounds (remember that I was in the band and we had practice every day from the end of July until the middle of December and it was still 85 degrees in November that year.) I was wearing a size 8-9-10 then, depending. But after I quit the band, the pounds found their way back to me and didn't stop! I am really proud of myself for getting it back under control. Although, it has become quite expensive replacing my entire wardrobe. When the warm/hot weather seriously hits, I will have absolutely nothing to wear. One of the changes that I have noticed since I've lost weight is how much I enjoy shopping now. I used to hate to shop, and basically, I just plainly refused to go. Now I love it! I just wished that I had more money to spend when I go!!! Back to the 12-week plan. That's roughly three months. I wonder what size I would be wearing three months from now if I got my butt in gear. Could I possibly be a solid 12 or even a 10? Hmmm... Like Cousin, I am not aiming to be a super-model or look like the tiny little girls in the hallowed halls of my Alma Matter, but I still have some issues. I still have well-defined top and bottom stomach rolls, though not as big as they once were; and I still have fat hanging from my upper arms and stuck to the tops of my thighs. My rear-end is fat too, but it always has been, and it's not nearly as offensive as it once was so I don't worry that much about it. Tummy, arms, and thighs are my biggest problem areas. My triple-chin is gone my neck is visible once again. I don't really have a double chin anymore, but I do have maybe a half of an extra chin. In her blog, Cousin said that she was going to "fake it until she made it." She's been dressing up and fixing up more often. I have been doing that for sometime and it works. It's amazing how much better I feel about myself on a daily basis than I did a year ago.
Anyhow. I'm sure you all get tired of reading my brag about loosing weight all the time. To those of you whom I talk to everyday, thanks for putting up with me and all of my drama for the past year. To those of you whom I don't talk to everyday, but you read this anyways, maybe I'll find a man soon and I'll have something to write about other than loosing weight! LOL!!!
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for the birthday wishes! BTW, the low carb diet always worked for me. Yet, nursing a baby for over a year is the best diet.
Post a Comment