Most of you know that I am a single gal, always searching, and yet never finding a man. Last week it seemed that every time I turned around, there was some guy checking me out or flirting with me. On Thursday, Delivery Guy missed me at lunch so he stopped by work to see me and he told me that I looked good. We have shared some flirtations over the past months, but he's never said that. I decided months ago that nothing would ever happen between the two of us, but it was nice to hear him say such a thing. The next day I flirted with a former daycare dad. On Saturday at my dad's birthday party, my friend and her husband brought their single friend. Apparently he was interested in asking me out. But he's 40 years old, divorced with three kids, and lives at home with his mother. I told my friend that I was not interested. The following Monday (which was last week) I was at lunch and I saw a guy I had never seen before. I was attracted to him right away. He's tall and stocky and good looking. He was there with another guy that I think I have seen before, but I don't know who he is either. I was facing the hot guy and caught him checking me out a couple of times. Of course, he caught me checking him out a few times too, but then he and his friend left and nothing materialized. I looked for him for the rest of the week and never saw him again. Until today. He came in while I was at lunch. Sam was at my table taking my order when he got there, and I whispered, "Oooo. There's the hot guy." She turned to glance at him and he was looking right at me. His table was across the isle and back a table behind mine. I shifted in my chair and put my back against the wall so that I could see him without having to turn around. Several times when I would look his way, he was already looking at me. Mmm... He is one tall drink of water. I noticed that there were only about four inches between the top of his legs and the bottom of the table. But he ate fast and was on his way out the door. I had completely shifted in my seat so that I could watch him pay for his food and leave, and Sam was looking at me kind of strange. I assumed it was because of how obviously I was staring at the guy. When he left, she called me into the kitchen and said, "That guy just bought your lunch." OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! This mystery man just bought my lunch. I have no idea what his name is or where he came from. But they said that he comes in there a lot. So when I left today, I wrote a little note for them to give to him the next time he comes in. It says:
Thanks for lunch! -Stacy ###[my phone #]
It's going to be pure torture waiting to see what becomes of this.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't wait to see how this all turns out! I can't wait until he comes back in! Me and Samantha will be knocking each other over to give him that note! It's just like in the movies- Guy sees girl across the restaurant, secretly buys her lunch, girl thinks guy is hot and they totally hit it off. Hooray! I know I'm getting way ahead of myself but it was exciting!
Oh, how sweet and exciting! I can't wait to hear what happens hot mama. You definitely get a gold star for being bold. Good luck chicky!
Post a Comment