That's right... I have been surrounded by sick people for months and have managed not to get sick even one time this whole sickly season. Until I got puked on Wednesday. Apparently, that did the trick. I woke up at 1:45am Wednesday night/ Thursday morning puking my head off. It was awful. I'll spare those details. When I finally made it back to bed, I was wondering if I was really getting sick, or if I had just gotten so nauseated from the days events. I didn't sleep well at all because my stomach was still so unsettled, and I was very sore from the treadmill and the weights from the previous morning.
I finally got out of the bed Thursday morning around 6:30 and made it to the couch. I napped off and on. Becky brought me some popsicles, some Sprite, some juice, and some crackers. I drank the Sprite even though I don't like it that much, and ate a popsicle and a few crackers. I ran a low-grade temp for most of the day. In general, I could barely hold up my head. I did have to go into work to do payroll. That wore me out! When I got home, I got in the jacuzzi and turned on the jets. That made my muscle pain better and gave me a little energy for a while. But it wasn't long before I had crashed again. I decided to go on to my parent's house for family night, and wouldn't ya know it, mom had made Mexican. I ate one piece of a quesedilla and a taco pocket. Those were both pretty bland, and I was starving, so it was good. It did make my stomach feel very unsteady, but I never got sick. I still had a temp, so I took some Tylenol and took it easy for a little while before heading home. I got home and went straight to bed. I was afraid that I wouldn't sleep very well since I had been napping on and off all day, but I never moved until about 7:00 this morning.
So far this morning, I have taken it easy. I did get brave enough to drink some coffee this morning. So far, my stomach still feels OK. I have decided not to go to work until lunch. It's our policy at work that if a child is sick, they have to be symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to daycare. Since I still had a temp as late at 10:00 last night, I think I need to stay away from there as long as possible. Luckily, earlier this week, I got caught up on all of the pressing issues at work. This afternoon, I'll be able to just stay at my desk, answer phones, and write receipts.
Also, there is no way under the sun that I'm missing this afternoon... There is a five year old girl at daycare who has been there since she was 9 months old. I love her so much. She and her daddy have moved and today is her last day. It's breaking my heart to think about telling her "bye." I want to call her new daycare and give them a list of things they need to know about her, but I can't really do that. Normally, I don't have a hard time when kids leave, but this one is tearing me apart. I'm already playing this afternoon's scene over in head. I'm trying to get myself prepared not to cry in front of her.
Friday, March 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment