Thursday, March 29, 2007

The "Big" Update

Mr. Big called me Wednesday afternoon when he got off work. He came by work to see me and we talked for quite some time. I found out more about him. We flirted a lot! I'm glad that I still know how to do that. It's been a long time since I've really flirted with a guy. There was a time when I knew that I was good at it, and I was afraid that maybe I had lost my touch since I haven't done it in so long. Apparently it's like riding a bike - you may not do it for a while, but you'll never forget how. He's a smooth talker; he knows all the right things to say. But every time he dropped one of his lines on me, I let him know that I thought he was full of crap. He is one good lookin' dude though. I've been trying to think of some to compare him to in size. I can't think of anyone. He's 6'6" tall and weighs 308 lbs. That makes me laugh just typing it. He is HUGE! I could have stayed out there and talked to him forever, but as it was Sister and I had to run a few errands so I had to cut the visit short. On top of that, we were standing in the parking lot at work, and there were a few kids peaking around the building yelling stuff like, "Go Miss Stacy," and "Kiss him," and other 10-yr-old-girl comments. Needless to say that after he left, I jacked them up a little. While Sister and I were on our way to go shopping, he called again. He said, "I forgot to ask you... Do you like to travel. I mean nothing big, but I love to hop in the truck on a Friday and take off to someplace and not come back until Sunday night. But some people don't like to do that..." Heck yeah I like to do that! I don't get to (minus the trip to Vegas) but I would love to. That was settled and he said he would talk to me later. Thursday morning he called me while I was getting ready for work. After I answered he said, "Good morning, Sunshine." Now that's a nice way to start the day, even if he is full of crap. Luckily for me, I think that after being in the dating scene for 10 years or so has finally paid off. I can now pretty much spot crap when it's being thrown my way. But it still makes my day. They were working out of town yesterday so he told me that we wouldn't see each other at lunch; while I was at lunch, he called me. Just before he called, I had been talking to one of the Depot girls about the day before. As luck would have it, Ex's best friend was sitting across the restaurant and was noticeably eavesdropping. When Big called, the other man finally turned his attention away from me. I'm sure that by now Ex knows that I have a new guy. Anyhow... While I was talking to Big he said that he had taken off work today (Friday) because he and some of his friends were going out of town this weekend. They are going to see some of their other friends and will spend the entire weekend on the lake going fishing. He is, of course, the outdoors-y type. Hunting, fishing, fixing cars, has a couple of horses, etc. Did I mention that he is slick bald? I think it's kind of sexy really. The bald head, goatee, huge guy. It might not be as appealing if his body wasn't so evenly proportioned, but thankfully it is. His legs are thick and stout, big arms, his head is neither too big nor too small for his body, all of his facial features fit his face correctly, and he has perfect teeth. I have allowed reality to set in now and I'm no longer walking around in the clouds. The whole giddy-school-girl routine is too much for me! Because he's with his friends this weekend, I'm not expecting to hear from him until he gets back. But we did make plans to have lunch together on Monday. Wow, a guy who makes plans... I had almost forgotten what that must be like. Ex's plan was to never make plans. I did tell myself yesterday that if things between Big and me go any further then I'm going to have to stop comparing those little details between him and Ex. Also, I am going to have to make a conscious effort to not blame him for Ex's mistakes. Did I mention that this guy is gorgeous?

No comments: