Thursday, March 1, 2007

~~~TAG~~~ YOU'RE IT!!!

Here's the deal, Pickle... list 6 weird or interesting facts about yourself and blog about it. Then, tag 6 people to play the game. If you don't already have a blogger account, you'll have to set one up. No worries, though - it's free and super easy! I mean, for crying out loud, if I can do it, anyone can! Here are my 6 things:

  • I make lists for EVERYTHING! I write a list for what to pack when I'm going on a trip, I make a list of things to do at work everyday, I make a list of what order I need to do things when I'm cleaning my house, and I make a list every time I pack to move. I'm actually pretty anal retentive about it too. I make a long list and keep it very detailed. That way I feel like I've gotten more accomplished! I also have unwritten lists for: things that scare me, things that gross me out, things that piss me off, people I don't like, people I do like, and people that I wouldn't call 9-1-1 for if I saw them stranded on the side of the road. I have unwritten lists for why people should and shouldn't wear certain things and act certain ways. At any given time I could put those unwritten lists on paper, but none of us have enough time for me to do that.
  • I can bend my left pinky finger all the way to the back of my hand. It sounds kind of gross I know, but I can do it. I went to school with a girl who could stick her entire fist in her mouth. I always wondered how she figured out that she had that talent. I know exactly how I figured out my talent. When I was in the first grade, my friend Shawna Byrd showed me how far back she could bend all of her fingers individually; and she could also bend her thumb and "lock it" to the back of her hand. I couldn't do that, but in an effort to keep up with her, I started bending back all of my fingers. Lo and behold... the pinky finger went all the way back! I've been doing it ever since. However, the older I get, the harder it becomes.
  • I can't carry a tune in a bucket. My ears just don't pick up intonation very well. This doesn't necessarily set me apart from the rest of the world since only a small fraction of the world can sing. What's weird about this for me personally is that I have been playing the piano for almost twenty years! You would think that in twenty years, I would've picked up something by now. But, sadly I just cannot grasp it. I can hear when others are or are not in tune, but I am completely unable to hear my own voice and get it on the right pitch. This is upsetting really because everyone in my family - immediate and extended alike - can sing wonderfully (with the exception of one of my dad's cousins named Bobby, and he tries anyways!). I love that I can play the piano though. I can pretty much play anything put in front of me. However, I can't play anything without the music, and I attribute this to not being able to hear the intonation.
  • I talk to myself in the car all the time. Really, most of the time, I am talking to God. It's just that instead of praying a "formal prayer" I just pretty much talk like God himself is sitting in the seat next to me. I'll talk about the weather, my money issues, my relationship issues, issues that my friends and family are going through, the guy in front of me that just cut me off, how long the light stays red, how hungry I am, where I should stop for lunch, if I should call so-and-so about whatever... Driving is one of the only times that I really have to myself that's completely uninterrupted time. It's therapeutic. I'm sure that when people pass me, they think that I've lost my mind, but I don't care really.
  • I have a slight addiction to Nick at Nite. I don't really advertise that one very much, but there you have it. Roseanne is my favorite of course. Probably because even though the show is set in Illinois, these people could be my next-door-neighbors. I just get a kick out watching that one. I do not like Full House, but I like all the rest. Roseanne, The Cosby Show, Fresh Prince, and the newly added Growing Pains are all shows that I love. I was actually excited when I learned that they were adding Growing Pains. Also, occasionally they show Murphy Brown and a few more that I love. I wish they would play Family Matters and Perfect Strangers and Just the Ten of Us too! Those were great shows! But the ultimate show... the ultimate show they should play... ALF!!! That would just make Nick at Nite the perfect programming in television.
  • Guess what I look for first in a guy. Eyes? No. Butt? No. Legs? No. Hair? Teeth? Style? Personality? No. No. No. And, no. These days, I the first thing I look for is... A WEDDING RING!!! How stinkin' hilarious is that? But at my age, it has to be the first thing. And what is up with all these married men not wearing a ring? I have encountered several good-looking dudes lately, and I would just be staring and thinking about what I could do to grab his attention. And then I would find out ever so randomly that he was in fact a married man. But after I check for the ring, I look at the teeth and they eyes and then the hands. You can tell a lot about a person my looking at those things. Apparently, I have learned so much from looking at people's teeth, eyes, and hands that I have determined that I think I'm happier being by myself. LOL!!!
OK... so there's my six things. I was tagged by Becky... and now I tag 1) Kat 2) Tara 3) Meredith 4)Ashton 5) Patrick 6) Cisely

No comments: