Last night I ran into Ex at The Depot. He was actually getting there as I was leaving, but about thirty minutes later, I had to go back to get Roommate's son. By the time I got back there, I was ready to crash. Roommate was in my office working on my computer because it's going crazy, and I was so frustrated with the whole thing that I just left her there. Anyways, Ex was sitting with a man from my church so I sat down with them. We were talking about this and that and then he said, "You should have been with me the other day. Guess what happened?" Knowing him like I do, I knew I could never guess what he had gotten into. And I was right, I would have NEVER guessed what he told me. "Did you see on the news a couple of weeks ago where so-and-so bank got robbed? I was there - in the bank - when it happened." Gosh, I thought I had drama!!! He told me the whole story. He saw the guy but didn't know that he was robbing the bank until it was all over. Investigators from the bank, the city, and the state interviewed him. It turned out to be about a two hour ordeal. He said that one of the first things the manager of the bank said to him and the other customers and the employees, before the investigators even got there, was that they should call someone close to them to let them know they were OK before the news stations got there. I asked him who he called. He looked a little shocked and said, "I didn't call anybody. I don't have anybody to worry about me." Now that is just sad.
I was thinking about who I would call. I would have four calls to make right off the bat; my mom, my sister, my cousin, and my roommate. I whine all the time about not having a boyfriend and crap like that, but the fact remains - my life if full of people whom I love and who love me. It's comforting to know that I have four immediate emergency contacts. How sad for him that he lives such a lonely life. There were a thousand things I wanted to say to him about the whole thing. But I didn't. My days of nagging him are over. I did, however, remind him that the curse-de-la-Stacy-drama is still plaguing him. I mean, I have the drama all the time, and so do those who surround me. How many people can say they were in a bank when it got robbed? As a little joke, I added something else too. A large, well-known store in our town was set on fire earlier this week. The fire was extinguished before the store incurred too much damage, but it was quite interesting and the news was all over it. I asked him if he had been witness to that one too. He laughed and said that luckily he was miles away when that happened.
When I see or talk to Ex, which seems to happen quite often, I always have a mixture of emotions. Last night, I had a certain sadness for him when he said he didn't have anyone to call, but then again, I was kind of thinking, "Serves you right, idiot." Anyhow, the main thing that I got from the whole visit was unexpected. Usually, I walk away from our visits feeling mad at him or missing him. But last night was different. While I was sitting there at that table, I realized how richly God has blessed my life. Even though I wollow in my drama and my troubles sometimes, He has given me many special people to help me get through it all.
So, to all of my people... Thanks for being one of my blessings!
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment