I had posted a blog earlier in the week about the guy who cussed me out for almost running over his pig. He came in The Depot today. I called him to my table and said, "I have a bone to pick with you sir." He asked what he had done, so I told him the whole story. He said, "You were going too fast and almost hit me." So I said, "There were three cars coming and you kept right on walking, dude. Didn't your momma tell you to 'watch for cars?'" He was confused about which night I was talking about because he has been yelling at cars all week long. I told him about the part where Cousin called me to tell me about the pig and he said, "Oh yeah. That first car is the one who almost ran over my pig. If you were the last car, by the time you got there, that stupid pig had already run back up the mountain. I chased that damn thing up and down the mountain five times that day." He apologized for yelling at me. Actually, I think he was a little embarrassed when he found out it was me in the car. He's a little bit of a rough neck, but he is always polite and friendly with the ladies. He thinks that my mom is the most wonderful woman on the planet, and he's probably right about that, so he's always been very nice and respectful to me too. I asked the obvious question next, "What are you doing with a pig anyways?" "Fattin' him up so I can eat him." Then I just had to be a smart ass and say "Well, too many more trips up that mountain and he's never gonna get fat enough to eat!"
In other news from Stacy World... I haven't seen my Latino friend in a while. Either he has been extraordinarily late to our Thursday lunches or I have been extraordinarily early for a month or longer. Yesterday, I was going to be at lunch at the normal time; I had to run the "Thursday errands" first though. As I was about to pull out of the parking lot, I saw Latino-boy in his big truck waiting to turn into our parking lot. I backed up my car and got out (in the sprinkling rain, may I add). We exchanged the obligatory pleasantries, but I couldn't hear a thing he was saying so I climbed up on his truck. "You look good today," he said. I said, "Yes I know. I do what a I can." He thought that was funny. But I was thinking that grabbing "man attention" two days in a row wasn't all that bad. One of my friends on Myspace was amused when I told him about the bug man. He was really cracked up that I said, "I still got it." "Still got what," he asked. Then this morning he asked me if I still had it. My reply was, "It's early in the day, but I'm sure it's still here."
My dad turns 50 next Monday. He's getting old. I tell him that from time to time. We're giving him a big party tomorrow night. It's not a surprise because we knew we could never pull it off without him catching on. This morning I went to town to buy his gift. While I was out, I bought windshield wipers for my car, windshield washer fluid, a new purse, some allergy medicine, some lipstick, pantyhose, and a new shirt. When I got back to work I realized that I didn't get a card or a gift. Perfect. Now, I will have to go to the mall in the morning. I hate the mall. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.
At least one of our cats is definitely pregnant. She is getting fatter and fatter everyday. If my calculations are correct, I think we still have a few more weeks before the little ones arrive. The mommy's name is Patches. I heard "those" sounds a week or two ago also. If so, it had to be coming from Prissy. Great. Two pregnant cats.
I haven't been on the treadmill since I bragged on myself. If you'll remember, I got very sick on what should have been the third day. The sickness left me weak for a few days. When I was better and ready to hop back on, the kids were home because school was out. Then on Wednesday, Roommate had to stay home because her daughter was up all night long with the virus. Yesterday, I got on it for about ten minutes, but I was bored and didn't really want to get sweaty, so I quit. But, hey, it was ten minutes that I didn't spend on the couch. I haven't lost a pound in weeks though. It's driving me crazy because I am ready to get my tattoo, but I can't until I hit the 75 pound mark. EEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, March 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment