Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Mystery Is Revealed

It's kind of surreal actually. As I reported yesterday in The Mystery Man, a handsome stranger bought my lunch, and in turn, I left him my number. Today, The Depot called me and said that he was at the restaurant, and they had asked his friend what his name was. Of course, I don't put my peoples' names on here, so since he is such a large guy (not fat, just big) and to mimic Carrie in Sex and the City, I'll just refer to him as Mr. Big. I stalled at work for a bit before I went over. When I got there, he didn't see me come in because he had my note in his hand and appeared to be programming my number into his cell. After I ordered, I was talking the Depot Lady and he finally caught my eye. He gave me a big (and gorgeous) smile and waved at me, so I did the same. It wasn't long before he was left, and as he stood up from the table he looked at me and said, "I'll call you in a minute." When he paid for his lunch, Depot Lady said, "You had the buffet today?" And he replied, "Yeah, and whatever Stacy had." So he bought my lunch - again. (I could get used to this... I may never have to run a tab at The Depot again, LOL!) And sure enough, a few minutes later, he called. After I answered he said, "You're welcome, Stacy." I asked him if he made a habit of finding single girls in restaurants and buying their lunches. He said he did, and I said, "Well how does that generally work out for you?" He laughed and said that he actually had never done that before. I'm flattered of course. He said that when he saw me last week, he thought to himself, "Now that is one pretty lady." He's good. So after he saw me yesterday, he wanted to know who I was and he figured that in buying my lunch he could, in the very least, find out my name. We talked for a few more minutes. He is 36, divorced with 3 kids (yikes!), he works here in town, has a nice vehicle, and when he asked if I had a boyfriend and I said "no," he said, "Well, you do now." I told him real fast that it would take more than a couple of free lunches to make that happen! That's the extent of it. He's supposed to call me today when he gets off work. Fun times...

1 comment:

Ketti Johnson said...

woohoo for Stacy!!!! I hope everything works out good! You deserve it!